The mission of the Community Engagement Function is to improve the quality of health and eliminate health disparities among under served communities (locally, nationally, and internationally) from a community-focused approach. This community-focused approach will entail actively engaging multiple stakeholders, representing the community’s diversity, to guide the development of mutually respectful community-academia partnerships that produce community-informed and relevant research.
1. Improve the translation of advancing technology into “real world” setting by a commitment to the community-participatory partnership paradigm.
2. Establish a representative network of collaborative partnerships with community based organizations and community serving agencies locally, nationally, and internationally.
3. Expand the academic capacity by developing a cadre of faculty researchers with expertise in community-participatory partnership research.
4. Establish an academic appointment process for Community Faculty.
5. Create a Community Engagement Speakers Bureau, which will highlight expertise of Community Faculty members, as well as increase the capacity of CDU faculty in community-participatory research strategies.
1748 E. 118th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90059